Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Open your eyes...

Conservatives have some good reasons to side with the republican party... I also think there are some very bad reasons for it... I have always loved this section of James 5--

"1Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you. 2Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. 3Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. 4Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.[a] 6You have condemned and murdered innocent men, who were not opposing you."


How do we (those professing to be Christians) keep ignoring God's word?!?

We're Pro-life, Pro-sanctity of marriage, Pro-gun, Pro-wealth...

I can't call myself a democrat, but come on... this is pretty clear. It is SINFUL to keep living the way we are here in America! We lift up and sacrifice the wealth of the nation to the selfish desires of the top classes of citizens!!!

Jesus came to bring all unto Him! To protect the innocent! To bring life to the poor and dying souls!

We continue to pay our workers almost nothing in comparison to the great wealth heaped upon the richest of us and ignore the cries of the working class!



It would just be really refreshing to start hearing some more of the right-wing conservative Christians begin to stand up for all of God's word, not just the parts they like to hear.

3 comments:

  1. hi, i hope you voted for ron paul.

    i didn't.

    i ranted a bit myself about politics. i don't know why... just had a surge i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... I didn't vote for Ron Paul, I think maybe I like him though? I don't care about many of the typical "conservative" things, I just couldn't bring myself to vote Obama though... still too many things I disagreed with him on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please update the link to my site in your "People I Know" to www.jakeatkins.com

    ReplyDelete